Remember when I mentioned going a little crazy with all the reader challenges? Well, here's the second challenge I signed up for - Back to the Classics Challenge hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much. I'm really looking forward to this one because I haven't read a lot of classics since I finished college and there is a long list of them I would eventually like to read. This should force coerce convence me to do it.
The Challenge: Read nine classic books, one in each of the catagories listed below
- Runs from Jan 1, 2012 to Dec 31, 2012 with books started before Jan 1 not counting towards the challenge. All links to reviews should be posted by midnight on Dec 31.
- Books can qualify for other challenges as well, but only fulfill one category in this challenge, and audio/e-books count too.
- Pages for each category will be set up on Sarah's page where you will link your reviews/make comments.
- At the end of the year, there will be a prize! Huzzah!
- Any 19th Century Classic
- Any 20th Century Classic
- Reread a classic of your choice
- A Classic Play
- Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction
- Classic Romance
- Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your languange
- Classic Award Winner
- Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime
If this sounds like your type of challenge, sign up on the Linky at Sarah Reads Too Much.
And of course - If that's not your style and you love science fiction or think you should be reading more science fiction, come play in Working for the Mandroid's sandbox - 2012 Sci-Fi Reader Challenge