Wow, I leave town for two days and come back to nearly 100 new followers. I’m not entirely sure where you’ve all come from, but welcome to Working for the Mandroid! I'm so appreciative of the support we've received for our little blog. Fernando and I have plans to make WFTM even better, shinier and with even more robots in 2012! We’ve had the lights out for the past few weeks while we had a chaotic vacation from blogging. Instead we traveled a couple thousand miles, visited a lot of family, ate a lot of food and read read read. I hope you’ve had a more relaxing holiday season and got some good reading done. I’m just glad to be home for awhile!
In the next week or so, you'll be seeing a couple of things. We'll have the start of the 2012 Sci-Fi Reader Challenge, a couple of 2011 favorites list, perhaps a few posts about things we're looking forward to in 2012, a couple of movie reviews, and on Friday I am so excited to say that Marissa Meyer will be stopping by on her blog tour for Cinder. I just finished Cinder and let's just say that it lived up to all the crazy cyborg-related hype I'd created in my head. I'll have my review up on Thursday. Basically, we have returned and have a lot of things we want to share with all of you!
So it’s 2012. I’m not sure what to make of that other than to question where my jetpack is. I thought I would have one of those a long time ago. I’ve never been one for resolutions because I tend to forget I ever made them, but as this is my first New Years as a blogger, I thought some resolutions were in order. Plus they’ll be written down so it’ll be harder to forget. I think you’ll start seeing a trend.
My 2012 Blogger Resolutions
- To respond to comments within 24 hours of when I first see them – I am horrible at responding to comments though each time I get one I become very excited because I love hearing everyone’s thoughts.
- To respond to review requests within one week, whether accepting or declining – I’ve had some review requests gathering dust for months because I couldn’t decide whether to read more indie authors. I plan to make decisions upon seeing a review request and responding accordingly.
- To post memes earlier in the day and visit more of the other participants’ posts – I normally post after coming home from work, so it’s in the evening and I’m usually low on the participant list. I hope to become more proactive and plan ahead so that I can participate more in the blogger conversation.
- To keep better track of the books I need to review – I always have good intentions and there’s already a spreadsheet on my computer started months ago. It’s a matter of keeping it up.
- To choose contest winners quicker, get prizes out more promptly, and actually remember to post the winners – I am forgetful sometimes and need to be better at getting contests finished up.
- To visit more blogs and actually comment – I have a long history of lurking on other people’s blogs. I should remember how awesome it is to get comments when I’m hanging out on other people’s sites.
- To write a lot more thinky thought posts - I'd really like to make the thinky thoughts posts a weekly or bi-weekly thing, but some times it's difficult to come up with a bookish or entertainment related topic. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way.
So there are my blogger resolutions. Basically I just hope to be more responsive and become more active in the book blogger world. What about you? Anything you plan on working on either as a blogger or just in daily life? My daily life resolution is to cook more and be less lazy about chores. Then again those are always my resolutions…