Q: What's the craziest thing you've ever done to get your hands on any particular book?
I don't think I've done anything that crazy for a book before. Since I discovered that publishers give books away at Comic Con though, I've stalked booths, skipped panels to run down to the convention hall to pick up ARCs and carried around 20+ pound tote bags around for 12 or more hours at a time. We brought an extra suitcase last year and it still wasn't enough space for all the swag and books we got. So nothing too crazy about any one specific book, but kind of crazy stalker things for a bunch of different free books.
I've been meaning to start doing TGIF hosted by GReads! but I keep forgetting about it. Not any longer! The point of TGIF is to celebrate that it's Friday by answering a random question and then recapping everything that happened at your blog over the week. So here goes...
Q: Recommend It: Which book from the last 10 you've read would you recommend to a friend.
Easy - Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I've read a lot of independently published and small press books lately (as well as the door stopper that is A Game of Thrones), but nothing captured my imagination or transported me farther away than Cinder did. You can read my full review of it here.
As for what's been happening around Working for the Mandroid this week:
- We finished up the Dreaming of Books giveaway hop and announced its winner as well as the winners of a few other contests here
- Fernando covered Random Tuesday by comparing both Sherlocks of the Cumberbatch and Downey variety
- A short In My Mailbox went up on Sunday and included some books I'm very excited about
- I also posted a new page that will keep track of all my 2012 reading challenges (currently signed up for eight)
And just a short look at next week:
- We're hosting one (perhaps even two) stops on WH Buxton's tour for his inventive cyberpunk-meets- corporate-shenanigans Cyberlife. A review will go up Monday with a possible interview on Tuesday.
- Resa Nelson, author of The Dragonslayer's Sword and The Iron Maiden, will be dropping by on Wednesday for a guest post about the research she had to put into her dragon fantasy. There will also be some free stuff and a giveaway.
- As you can see from the side bar, I'm currently reading Robopocalypse. Expect lots of fangirling about robots on Thursday. Fernando just finished The Hunger Games, so I might get a review out of him as well.
And that's that. I'll be making tweaks to the site over the weekend (hopefully) and making final decisions on a few other reader challenges that my eagerness wants to enter but my brain is preventing. Have a great weekend and tell me something fun you're planning on reading or doing this weekend.