Apparently there's this thing going around where bloggers tag other bloggers and ask them 11 questions. I'm all for a good meme and had a bad habit of filling out all those "about me" surveys on Livejournal way back when. People who read that blog knew entirely too much about me. But anyway, Kate from Musings of a Book Lover tagged me and now you get to learn a little more about me (Leslie).
First, the rules of our meme:
And now Kate's questions:
1. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
I like ice cream. It's really yummy. My favorite is probably chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip or chocolate chocolate chip. Something with chocolate chips.
2. What’s in your purse?
Well, there's my Batman wallet. which has a couple of library cards, receipts and notes in it among the usual wallet-type things. I have my old-school iPod, a couple of chapsticks, two pairs of earplugs (in case I come across random loud music), my Kindle, a couple of highlighters and pens, headphones, and probably a stray candy bar or two.
3. If you could meet one author, who would it be and why?
Gail Carriger - I think she would be a delightful person to meet and I could listen to her talk about awesome Victorian fashion and we can think up crazy steampunk gizmos.
4. If money were no object, what is one thing you would buy yourself right now?
I would pay off my car. I just got a new one in October because my previous one was threatening to explode during long traffic-filled commutes. It would be nice to not have that debt hanging over my head.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Honestly I have no idea. I used to want to be a music journalist, and then it was a music PR/marketing person, then it was a content writer/copy editor, then a social media strategist, and now I'm just confused. If I could be anything (without having the move), I would work in the publishing industry or at BookPeople (but they don't pay enough to cover our bills).
6. What’s another hobby besides reading?
Baking - I really like baked things and found it's not that difficult to make most of my favorites and it ends up being cheaper. Last weekend I wanted something mint and chocolate, so I made dark chocolate mint chip cookies. We still have some peanutbutter and chocolate swirl cupcakes from a little bit before that, and I really want to try my hand at making a layer cake.
7. Favorite recipe (link to it, if you can!)?
My favorite recipe is for fish tacos except... it's not really a recipe. It's mayo-based coleslaw made out of any coleslaw-esque ingredients we have on hand (most recently purple cabbage and raddishes) and a spash of lime juice. Then we coat chunks of tilapia in smashed Saltine cracker crumbs and fry them. Fern makes homemade tortillas and we smash up some avocado with onion. Thanks, now I'm hungry.
8. Sweet or Sour?
Sweet, mmm, sweet.
9. What is one movie you could watch over and over again?
Oooh, it seems like we've been watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World over and over again recently as it is always on television, but I would have to go with a different Edgar Wright movie, Shaun of the Dead.
10. Have you ever been to a play?
Not a professional one, but I went to regional and high school productions. I have seen a handful of musicials, one even on Broadway. I prefer musicals to plays anyway.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I was depressed and hating life. I had this blog sitting around collecting dust from a failed attempt to start blogging almost a year previous, so I thought a new hobby was in order. It had been a long time since I'd written anything and it felt good to get back into that mindset. Plus I'd just discovered the massive book blog community, and I really wanted a way to make new bookish friends since I didn't know many readers in real life.
And now for my questions:
1. For books: standalone or series / For visual storytelling: movies or television series
2. What one thing will cause you to throw a book across the room in frustration every time it happens/appears?
3. Who was your childhood hero?
4. What one book would you suggest everyone read?
5. How would you survive the zombie apocalypse?
6. If you could live in a bookish world, which one would you choose and why?
7. What's your favorite thing about reading?
8. What one book do you wish would get adapted into a movie or television show?
9. Where's your favorite place to read?
10. Who was your very first book boyfriend?
11. Do you think our future robot overlords will be friendly or deadly?
Tag you're it:
I'll be back later this evening with my review of Kristen Simmons' Article 5.