Over the last four or so days, I haven't spent any personal time online, so my queue of pictures is thin and my list of links to interesting blog articles and news is now nonexistent. So today Random Tuesday is truely random things I've found on Tuesday. Such as...
Robert Downey Jr. talking to Nathan Fillion (no spoilers for Avengers) - from TheMarySue.com
Some school created art out of their lockers. Whoever painted this one is my favorite - from NerdApproved.com
The American Library Association released their list of most challenged books from 2011. I'm slightly perturbed that one of the titles seems to be about the process of pregnancy. Oh no! The childrens will learn about how a human body works! Stop the madness!
The top 10 are:
1) ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
2) The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3) The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4) My Mom's Having A Baby! A Kid's Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
6) Alice (series), by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
7) Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
8) What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones
9) Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily Von Ziegesar
10) To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Avatar: The Legend of Korra started last Saturday. If you haven't seen the original Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon series, you're seriously missing out. Haven't formed an opinion yet on this sequel series, but either Fernando or I will review it in the upcoming weeks. If you missed the first airing, you can watch the first two episodes on Nickelodeon's website here.
A community came together to give a little boy with leukemia a special day of Batman adventure. Some of the video is understandably cheesy, but it got me a little teary anyway. It wasn't until the very end that I realized this happened in the city I grew up in. - from ToplessRobot.com
That's all from me this week. What random things have you come across today?