I epically failed with several of my 2012 reading challenges. I haven't really looked at the details of all of them yet, but I know the TBR Pile Challenge was a disaster on my end, which means I have to try again. Adam at Roof Beam Reader is hosting his TBR Pile Challenge again this year, so I'm going to make a more valiant attempt at picking TBR books off my own bookshelves and make a concerted effort to read them.
And here are the details for this challenge:
The Challenge: To read 12 books from your "to be read" pile during 2013
- Each of the 12 books must have been on your "to be read" list for AT LEAST one full year, so no books published after Jan. 1, 2012 counts towards this challenge.
- You have to post a list of your 12 book choices (along with two alternates, if you'd like) on your blog and post it to Adam's Mr. Linky here. This gives you a homebase for the challenge, where you keep track of your progress.
- Every listed book must be read and reviewed by December 31, 2013. Review can be posted on blogs, Goodreads, Amazon, etc.
- Leave comments on the main challenge post updating everyone on your progress and, if you finish the challenge, you'll be entered in a giveaway for a $50 Amazon gift card or the equivalent at The Book Depository
- Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable (thank god) as long as they are brand new to you.
Several of the books are repeats from my list last year that I didn't get to. Maybe 2013 is the year to finally tackle them.
My TBR List for 2013
2. A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
3. Atonement - Ian McEwan
4. Boneshaker - Cherie Priest
5. Perdido Street Station - China Mieville
6. To Say Nothing of the Dog - Connie Willis
7. The Portrait of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
8. Across the Universe - Beth Revis
9. The Passage - Justin Cronin
10. Behemoth - Scott Westerfeld
11. The Forever War - Joe Haldeman
12. Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
1. The Pearl Wars - Nick James
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
Let's see if I can make it a bit further this year! If you want to join up, you can read more about the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge on Roof Beam Reader. If you're into science fiction, his challenge could easily tie into the 2013 Sci-Fi Readers Challenge that we're hosting.