Tuesday is usually pretty random and there may be a bit of additional randomosity later this evening while Fernando is watching basketball. But for now it's helpful to have a reading list to keep my accountable for my summer reading. Plus I like lists and every Tuesday The Broke and the Bookish posts a topic for book bloggers everywhere to use in the form of a list. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
1. A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard - WFTM will be part of Ms. Dennard's blog tour in July, but even if we weren't, this would be absolutely top of my list because of how much I loved the first book in the series.
2. vN and iD by Madeline Ashby - Ms. Ashby is going to be visiting WFTM later this summer and her android-tastic series belongs on this site. I can't wait to read these.
3. Monster by Ilsa J Bick - I got an eARC last week and am having a hard time getting things accomplished knowing this book is in my hands. I must know what happens to Tom. I doubt there will be any happy endings, but a girl can dream right? Review of Ashes is here and Shadows here.
4. Before Watchmen collections - Technically this is four different books, but I'm counting them as one. I'm going to be featuring a Before Watchman collection each Monday starting next week in preparation to Comic Con in July. These books are going to have a hard time even getting close to the original, but I'll give them a try.
5. Three by Joe Posey - This is another book from my new best friends at Angry Robot publishing. Mr. Posey will be stopping by around the time his book will be published at the end of July. This sounds like a really exciting hero adventure in post-apocalyptic times.
6. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger - It doesn't make sense that I haven't read this book yet. I must read this and soon because it has me written all over it.
7. The Jenna Fox series by Mary Pearson - The second book in the series is on its way to me right now, which means I'll have the entire trilogy at my finger tips. I've heard such great things about this series and the short published at Tor.com so long ago has stuck with me.
9. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau - A copy of this book arrived in my mailbox a few weeks ago and the cover has been taunting me from around the blogosphere.
10. Camera Obscura by Lavie Tidhar - Because this list was severely lacking in steampunk
So I cheated. This is way more than 10 books, and of course with Comic Con in a few weeks, this could drastically change. What books are on your TBR list this summer?