My brain is currently bouncing between “watch cartoons!” mode and desperately wanting to dive back into City of Fallen Angels for more Jace/Simon snark, so coming up with a plausible subject for a thinky thoughts kind of Random Tuesday is unlikely. Instead today I present to you some of the randomly awesome things I’ve come across over the last 48 hours.
- Complex.com compiled a list of the 50 “Coolest” Fictional Cities. Their definition of “coolest” must be much different than mine because there’s no way I’d ever volunteer to live in a place like Silent Hill or frickin’ Mordor. The list includes fictional places from all platforms – movies, television, cartoons, comics, videogames and books. There are even two references to rap songs that confused me and left me staring at my computer for a few minutes trying to decipher what they were even referring to.
- Apparently at one point there was supposed to be a Steampunk Batman videogame. For whatever reason, it’s not happening, but io9 has some leaked footage of what it might have been like. Batman’s cape is particularly flow-y.
- Meet my new hero: Helena Wayne as Robin:
DC is about to come out with some new comic lines, including one called Earth 2 where Helena Wayne is Robin to her father’s Batman. Somehow she ends up in the Earth 1 universe and becomes Huntress in the current Birds of Prey comic. I don’t know how this happens, but I want to be her when I grow up. (originally found through The Mary Sue Tumblr, on the DCU blog)
- Nine potentially awesome science fiction spinoffs from Blastr. This made me realize I missed Alphas. I didn’t realize I even really liked Alphas…
- If you’re in the Austin, TX area, Gail Carriger – author of the super awesome The Parasol Protectorate series – is signing at BookPeople this Saturday to celebrate the release of Timeless. If you go, I’ll probably be the girl in the Supernatural or comic book-related t-shirt trying to not let her fangirl show.
- And finally from Aine’s Realm on Tumblr:
We’ll have a new contest up some time tonight as part of the Leap Into Books hop hosted by I Am a Reader, Not a Writer and Jinky Is Reading. Right now, I’m late for dinner.
What random things are you doing today?